Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Diet

Diet to me, is a four letter word. You know what I mean. I have never liked any diets because mostly I am a VERY picky eater and I like very few vegetables, and most diets consist of vegetables. Well, a little over a week ago, Evan's sister Heather sent the whole family a message asking us if we would like to take part in a nutrition study her friend is doing. So we all said yes! Lets do this together! Everyone decided they would start on July 1st. Evan and I got excited so we started on June 29th.

My diet consists of
Breakfast: 1/2 cup egg whites and 1/2 cup oats
Morning Snack: 1 TBS Natural Peanut Butter, 1/2 apple, 1 protein shake
Lunch: 4 oz chicken or tuna, 1/2 cup brown rice or sweet potato, and green veggies
Afternoon snack: 1 TBS Natural Peanut Butter, 1/2 apple, 1 protein shake
Dinner: 4 oz chicken or tuna and green veggies.

I get 1 "sweet treat" a day which consists of either a sugar free low cal Popsicle or a cup of sugar free jello. To tell the truth, I am really NEVER hungry. I feel like I have to force myself to eat to keep my metabolism going some times. However, it is hard because you are so tempted by the foods around you. The hardest part so far was on Thursday when my summer school class had a pizza party. There was left over pizza and I just couldn't have any. We have to eat pretty much every 3 hours, which can be hard if your at work, class, or on the road. So it takes some planning ahead for sure. So far in the 5 days Evan and I have been doing this, he has lost 7 lbs and I have lost 5 lbs. We are supposed to be exercising too, but haven't really gotten into a good routine with that yet. It has been really nice to have the support of Evan's family. You really need someone to be held accountable to. Evan and I help each other be strong. We will do this diet for a month to complete Rachel's study, and then after that I think we will continue it but give ourselves a reward at the end of each week. We will keep you updated!

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean. Kudos to you for adhering to such a difficult diet plan and congratulations on your 5lbs loss!!! :D

    ReplyDelete