Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back to Work....

I have always loved the "back to school" feel there is everywhere in August.  Freshly sharpened pencils, new notebooks, dressing up in new school clothes, etc.  Now that I'm a counselor, I don't have as much fun decorating a classroom but I do add/change a few little things around my office.  Believe it or not, the picture of the owl pen holder is my favorite new addition.  Who knew $2.50 at the dollar spot at Target could make a person cheer up almost every day.  I guess owls remind me of Rylee (since her nursery is decorated in them).  And it is just too cute.  The crown pen is from Disney World when Evan and I went 2 years ago.  I think it looks like the owl is wearing the fluffy crown. haha!  This summer I was somewhat of a pinterest addict.  I saw all of these wonderful quotes and couldn't help but use them in my office.  So to start the year I have a "Be Inspired" board in my office.  I hope students will be able to add their own quotes or words of advice throughout the first half of the school year.  My "Be the good" sign is a nice addition that Tiffany Kurtz helped me with.  (she cuts vinyl and does a great job!)  My A&M themed "Mrs. Russell" sign is something I made for my classroom 3 years ago after I got married but forgot about and then found in a box this summer.  Gotta love using stuff you already have right?  Anyway, these little updates to my office have made coming back to work a little easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment