Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nanny's Birthday

Thursday, March 18th was Nanny's 80th birthday! Nanny is my (Shelbee's) dad's mom. When we were kids, my sister and I would spend a few weeks each summer at Nanny's house in Tulsa. When my grandpa died in 2004, Nanny came to live with my parents in Duncanville. She has been a big blessing to my family. About a week before her birthday, she had a health scare where she thought she was literally dying. She came out of the bathroom and passed out in my sister's arms. I am so grateful my sister was there because Nanny would have really hurt herself if she would have fallen on the tile. She spent 3 days at Charleton Hospital. They said that it looked like her new prescription medication, mixed with cold medicine, had caused some pretty bad heart arrhythmia's. Luckily, Nanny got through it and she says she is feeling better. I am very grateful for Nanny and all she has done for me and my family over the years. Happy 80th Birthday Nanny!!




1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your nanny! You look GORGEOUS in those pictures, Shelbee. :D

    ReplyDelete