Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Work School and School School

It can get confusing when talking about work or school when you work at a school while going to school yourself. Friday Shawnee and I were driving back from getting massages. I pointed to Dallas Baptist University and said "That's my school". Obviously that isn't very clear. So she said "Wow that is why you get paid so much!" I was confused so I just kindof laughed. She said "Is that a private school". So I said, "Yeah, that is why it is so darn expensive". Anyway, after a few more questions, we cleared things up that DBU is the school I am a student at, not a teacher. haha! Anyway, work school is going well. Only 3 more weeks and we will be done! This year has gone by fast but at the same time has dragged on. It will be sad to see a few of my kids go. I wasn't as close to this class as I was last year's class. Maybe because of all of the challenges I had. Not sure. Evan is really excited to work summer school where he will get to see his kids Monday-Thursday. I will be working a summer camp at another school Monday-Thursday where I will teach 2nd graders and I also get to do Arts and Crafts! Every Thursday we take a field trip, so basically I only have to teach Monday-Wedensday. Then I have a Tuesday night class and a Thursday night class. I also have an every other weekend class. I'm about to start a mini mester that meets every night for 4 hours for 2 weeks. Needless to say, I am going to have to be REALLY good at time management over the next few weeks. I actually really enjoy taking classes. It provides an outlet outside of work to talk about and get advice on the teaching profession and counseling from many different perspectives. Anyway, that is what's goin on with work school and school school.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! You will be super busy! I hope we can still see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete