Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas Break and New Years


Sorry it has been so long since a post! I know you would think I had time to post over 2 weeks vacation but it truly was busy..... well most of the time. This first picture is from when Evan and I went to see Avatar. I saw it 2 times over the break and Evan saw it 3 times!


I got to visit with some of my best friends! It was alot of fun even if it was for only a little while. We met up at Corner Bakery. I love my girls! I also missed the girls that couldn't be there.



There was a BIG snow storm that came in on Christmas Eve. Evan and I were planning on leaving Christmas Eve for Oklahoma after opening presents with my family here in Dallas. We decided the safest thing would be to wait until daylight. We ended up not opening presents till around 1am on Christmas Eve morning because my sister and her boyfriend didn't get back from his families house till 12:30. We woke up at 8am and were out the door by 8:30. Over the course of our trek, we saw over 200 stranded cars. I was SO grateful that we hadn't left the night before and gotten stranded or worse. It ended up taking over 10 hours to get to Stillwater. Just as we were about 100 yards from the house, we got stuck in the alleyway. Our brother-in-laws had to come help Evan and I push our car out of a big icy pot hole. I was so glad to finally get to grandma and grandpas house. I was also glad to see the smiling face of our niece Iliana. She has been saying my name ALOT since it is one of the only ones she can say. Isn't she cute!


Christmas night was alot of fun playing games and hanging out with Evan's family!
We spent New Year's Eve at James and Shawnee's apartment. We had ALOT of fun! It was nice to just relax, play games, talk with friends, and watch the festivities on TV. It was our first married New Years and it was a BLAST!

Evan loved getting to hang out with his besties that he never gets to see. I really wish we all lived closer so that we could have this much fun all of the time. Evan misses his friends alot.


1 comment:

  1. It was so fun spending time with you over the break. You are SUCH a fun person, Shelbee!

    ReplyDelete